Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Now We Are Six

A little Winnie the Pooh reference there. We are now six indeed. Time finds us at this moment, in fact, a week after August 13th when our little real ale pub up in the woods crossed the line into its seventh year. I was too busy wrangling mountain bikers (who drank almost all our beer this last weekend during Mountain Bike Oregon), a brewery and paperwork to write anything about it at the time. Exhausting work this. I wonder if Pooh is old enough to hoist a pint.

Hard to believe isn't it? I feel like I've aged ten years during that six. Unless someone wants to buy a pub so I can retire in my 50's, I guess I'll give it a go for another six. Meanwhile, we better get cracking on producing some beer. It's embarrassing to be down to three handpulls.

3 comments:

Alistair Reece said...

Congratulations!! I was thrilled to note that you guys had beer at GBBF this year (sad git that I am, living in VA and surfing the GBBF website).

I have several friends from/in Oregon that I keep pestering about coming to your place, hopefully some of them listen.

Speaking of coming to your place, I am thinking I might get to your neck of the woods next year...

Jeff Alworth said...

You were at GBBF? Did I miss the blogging? SURELY there was blogging.

Congrats on the six. I thought maybe you meant six employees, and I was keen to discover whether they all worked in the brewery or not. I may have been getting a little bit ahead of myself on that one.

Brewers Union Local 180 said...

RE: GBBF. No, I've never been able to go. However, I've sent beer there for three years to the American Cask Ale bar of the Foreign Beer Bar. Hope to get over that way in September but am still looking for a good ticket deal.